Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Morning Post: Protesting & Drug Seeking

Today I have a meeting with the bishop* AND the stake president*.  I didn't facilitate the setting of those appointments, they did.  I have couple of ideas about why the two closest leaders in the ladder of LDS leaders might want to meet with me.  Here goes:

Bishop.  This is either about the fact that I refer to his child as "a son of a bishop" during Sunday School OR it might be that I attempted to solicit drugs from my home teacher* last week.

Yes.  I do drugs now.

OR he wants me to join the army of members hell bent on getting all of the *inactive Minnesota singles out to church again.

Tough times.  We need people (and more tithing* dollars).  The kingdom of heaven and all of those temples* ain't gonna build themselves ya know.

Stake President.  This one is a little more difficult to guess.  Something tells me he thinks I'm the local feminist heading up the Minnesota Chapter of the Wear Pants to Church protest.  I do fit the profile:  educated, free thinking, super stubborn, outspoken, opinionated, mid-30's single female.  I have a beef about everything else in the Mormon culture, why wouldn't I have a beef with pants and the obvious assault on female rights. 

Burn the witch!  Burn the witch!  Burn the witch!

OR he wants me to join the army of members hell bent on getting all of the *inactive Minnesota singles out to church again.

Ain't gonna happen folks, ain'g gonna happen.

...so stay tuned for The Evening Post:  That Just Happened

2 comments:

Angenette said...

Posting just to hear what the outcome is.
Stake Primary Prez?

Anonymous said...

Stake Young Women Leader. We need more like you who can relate to the girls.
-Kaye